12/28/2011

A simple Indian wedding..


My cousin was in Hyd a particular weekend. He wooed me into attend a random wedding and being totally jobless that weekend and since the wedding was at my fav town , I obliged ( grrr.. regrets) . Typical Indian connection like “aunt’s son’s brother-in-law’s something ki shaadi”. Dude, my cousin has some capacity to socialize!

Of course he brought more food stuff to eat that I was happily bragging about and sharing with friends.

Anyhow, so the two of us, the Boy (why do only boy-cousins ask me to accompany for weddings.. ptch ptch )and me, ended up driving to Warangal for the wedding. Of course being the enthu cutlet the boy is, we reached early. Before anyone else. No girl’s side and no boy’s side. The chairs in the garden were still upside down and the band wallahs were lazing around on the grass in their baniyans. You can imagine! 

The boy looked at me sympathetically, and told me I should hang out someplace and be back in about two hours, just to meet the bride and groom. And of course he was totally comfortable there, having spotted someone we’re supposedly related to, and of course I haven’t met, ever in my life. Before I knew it, random kids were calling him anna,bhayya and touching his feet and I was lost. The boy? Lesser said, the better. I ran away to a corner and called all friends in warangal to see where we could go. The only friend I know who lives there was busy so I was on my own.

And so I landed up at some Plaza and squealed in delight spotting a nice restaurant there. And then the realization. Just as I walked in. Dressed up in “I –am-attending-a-wedding “attire, with matching footwear ( borrowed from the boy..), I looked quite silly. And the Sholapur chappal clicking on the hotel’s marble floors were not helping!

Any how, so I settled in for a beer. The waiter looked quite concerned, and asked me if we wanted to be seated “upstairs” if I wasn’t comfortable! *rolls eyes*

And that’s that. I went to pick him up, ate a hurried dinner, congratulated the people in question and left. Now that I think about it, I still don’t know the names of the bride and groom.

We were from the bride’s side, in case you’re wondering!


P.S: you must have heard of bachelor parties before wedding days.. but I havenumerouse hilarious experiences of bachelor parties on wedding days where the groom wasn’t allowed to go marry.. :P
Will put that up soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.. Comment here !